Monday, November 25, 2013

On Being Sick


Let's be honest, nobody likes to be sick. Your nose is running, your'e nausious, stomach hurts, throat sore, head pounding and what not.
I myself as a major hypochonder, germophobic and generaly scared of being sick, HATE those times when i start feeling low and even worse, coming down with something.

But I have to admit it, being sick is an amazing time. First of all, it always happens when your pushing yourself too hard, or having a mental breakdown, or in a point in life you just can't go on as you are. That's what so amazing about the human body. He gives a fuck about you, and when he doesn't like the way he's being treated, he shuts down and demands your attention. 

Right now I'm recovering from an evil cold I got last week, and getting sick was a huge wake up call for me.
Not that I didn't know I was feeling like shit, but I was doing everything I could to get away from it. Clubbing almost everyday, not sleeping, not eating as good, and just running away from any alone time I might have. And to be frank? Getting that cold was a true blessing.
Finally I got some quality time with myself, I got to rest more than I could handle, and it really made an impact on me. I feel so much better now, having dealt with myself and seing that the monster is not so bad. I even made some new resolutions for myself such as taking better care of myself.. sleeping more, eating better, start what Ive been wanting to do forever now - Parkour! And of course, letting go of the past, try to get over my fears and move on to greater things.

Definitely happy I got this cold and was forced to slow down a bit.
What are your thoughts about being sick? Do you also use that time for new resolutions?
Let me know in the comments.
Love,
Henya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Test Footer 2

Blogger news

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...